Christmas Tree Brownies
Bringing these will get you major brownie points.
- Cooking spray
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- ¾ c. (1½ sticks) butter, softened
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Pinch kosher salt
- Green food coloring
- 6 candy canes
- Sprinkles, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9”-x-13” with parchment, leaving a 2” overhang on the long sides and grease with cooking spray. Make brownie mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in middle of pan comes out with a few moist crumbs, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined, then add vanilla, heavy cream, and salt. (If you desire a thinner consistency, add 1 more tablespoon cream.) Add green food coloring until desired color is reached. Transfer to a piping bag with small open star tip.
- Remove brownie from pan and cut into 3 long rows, then cut each row into 6 triangles each for a total of 18 triangles.
- Cut candy canes into 3” long pieces and insert into the bottom of each brownie to create a trunk.
- Pipe a zigzagging line on top of brownie and top with sprinkles for ornaments.
All rights and material belong to owners Delish.com