Fried Deviled Eggs
Never eating deviled eggs ANY other way.
- 8 large eggs, divided
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly grond black pepper
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Finely chopped chives, for garnish
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Place 6 eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Set pan over medium-high heat and bring water to a boil. Turn off heat, cover pan with a lid, and let sit for 11 minutes. Drain, rinse eggs under cold water, and peel.
- Halve eggs lengthwise and scoop out yolks into a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, hot sauce, and Dijon mustard to bowl, then mash yolks with the back of a fork and stir until mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate while frying eggs.
- Place flour, remaining eggs, and panko into 3 separate shallow bowls. Add 1 teaspoon water to eggs and whisk with a fork to combine. Add garlic powder to bowl with flour and stir to combine. Dredge each egg white first in flour, then egg, then panko, and place on a plate.
- Add about 3” oil to a large heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Heat oil to 350°, then gently drop breaded egg whites into oil and fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove, drain on a paper-towel lined plate and season with salt.
- Fill fried egg whites with yolk mixture and garnish with chives and paprika.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com