Waffle Iron Biscuits & Gravy
Waffle iron biscuits & gravy = total brunch geniusness
- 1 (16.3-oz.) can refrigerated biscuits
- Cooking spray
- ½ lb. ground pork or Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- Finely chopped chives, for sprinkling
- Preheat waffle iron and grease with cooking spray. Add one biscuit in the middle of iron, close iron, and cook until golden, about 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add sausage and cook until golden, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle skillet with flour and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add milk and bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer until thick, about 4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Remove from heat and serve gravy over biscuits. Sprinkle with chives.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com