No pasta? No problem.
- 2 medium eggplants
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 c. ricotta
- ½ c. sour cream
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- ¼ c. torn basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 c. marinara
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lay eggplant slices on a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 15 minutes to draw out moisture.
- Pat eggplant slices dry with paper towels and transfer eggplant to a large baking sheet. Drizzle eggplant with oil and bake until eggplant is pliable, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, sour cream, Parmesan, basil, parsley, and lemon zest. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- While the eggplant is still warm, but cool enough to handle, spread about 1 tablespoon of filling onto each eggplant slice and roll up tightly.
- Add a thin layer of marinara to a 9”-x-13” baking pan. Place rolled eggplants into pan, seam side down, fitting tightly as needed. Spoon remaining marinara over eggplant and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake until eggplant is tender and cheese is melty, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with more parsley before serving.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com