Crispy Hash Browns
*crispy crunchy noises*
- 2 Russet potatoes (about 1 lb. total)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Generously salt (about 3 tablespoons) the water, place on the stove and turn the heat to high. Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Grate potatoes on the large holes of a box grater. Discard any skin that may have peeled off on the outside of the grater.
- In a medium-sized nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, transfer potatoes to pan and spread them into an even layer. Season with salt. Cook potatoes undisturbed for 8 to 10 minutes, or until very crispy and golden brown on the bottom. Flip and cook until crispy on the other side, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve hash browns immediately while still warm.