Cheesy Mini Meatball Skillet Dip
Everyone— and we mean everyone— will rave over this Cheesy Mini Meatball Skillet Dip.
- 12 oz. hot Italian sausage, casings discarded, shaped into ½” balls
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. BBQ sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, cubed
- ¾ c. freshly shredded American cheese
- ¾ c. freshly shredded cheddar
- ¼ c. pickled red onions, finely chopped, plus more for topping
- ¼ c. whole milk
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, for topping
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until deeply golden, shaking the skillet occasionally, 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer meatballs to a plate and keep 2 tablespoons fat in the skillet.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and stir in onions, jalapeño, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until golden and lightly caramelized, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add BBQ sauce, cooked meatballs, and cream cheese and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheeses, pickled red onions, and milk until melty and incorporated.
- Garnish with scallions and more pickled red onions before serving warm with tortilla chips.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com