These perfect Beignets are like little pillows of happiness.
- 1¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In another large bowl, combine egg yolks, sugar, ¼ cup water, melted butter, and vanilla and stir to combine. Fold into dry ingredients until just combined.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form, then fold into batter.
- In a large pot, heat oil to 375º. Drop small spoonfuls of batter into hot oil and fry until golden, about 5 minutes. (You want to keep the oil at 375º to make sure they cook all the way through.) Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com