Scallop Spaghetti in White Wine Sauce
Scallop Spaghetti in Creamy White Wine Butter Garlic Sauce with Capers – a gourmet meal that’s easy to make!
- White Wine Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- salt to taste
- 8 oz spaghetti
- Seared Scallops
- 1 pound scallops medium size, about 12-14 scallops, thawed completely if frozen
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- How to make white wine sauce
- In a medium skillet, heat butter, olive oil and minced garlic on medium heat.
- Cook for about a minute, until garlic softens.
- Add wine. Bring to boil. Boil for several minutes until the amount of wine reduces approximately to half.
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Bring to boil, and immediately reduce to simmer. Simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring at all times, until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Remove from heat. Stir in drained capers and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Taste, add more lemon juice, salt and and pepper if needed. Keep covered.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Drain. Add to the sauce, stir to combine.
- How to sear scallops
- If using frozen scallops, make sure the scallops are thawed completely.
- Blot each scallop with paper towels to remove extra water.
- Season scallops with salt
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet on high heat until hot but not smoking. Oil should not be smoking, just rolling easily around the skillet.
- Add scallops without overcrowding the pan.
- Sear on one side for about 4 minutes until the scallops are a golden color. Don't move the scallops around the pan in the beginning.
- Turn the scallops to the other side and cook for 2 or 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer the scallops to the plate immediately.
- Don't allow the scallops rest in the hot skillet, off heat. That will make them steam and lose their crust.
- Add cooked scallops to the spaghetti with the creamy white wine sauce and reheat gently. Serve.
All rights and material belong to owners juliasalbum.com