Four-Cheese Stuffed Shells
Not to sound cheesy, but we've fallen in love with these stuffed shells.
- 15 jumbo pasta shells
- 1½ c. ricotta
- 1 c. Italian cheese blend, plus more for topping
- 1 large egg
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Fresh basil, torn, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta shells until al dente. Drain, then return to pot and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together ricotta, Italian cheese, and egg, and season with salt and pepper. Stuff mixture into shells.
- In a saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add cream and bring to a simmer, then stir in Parmesan and season with pepper.
- Pour ⅔ of the sauce into an oven-proof skillet or baking dish, then arrange stuffed shells on top of sauce. Spoon remaining sauce over shells and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, 18 to 20 minutes. Garnish with basil and serve.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com