Caramelized Leek, Fennel & Onion Gratin
This Caramelized Leek, Onion & Fennel Gratin is an easy one pan side dish that is creamy and so delicious.
- 2 tbsp olive oil/coconut oil
- 3 leeks thinly sliced
- 2 white onions thinly sliced
- 2 small fennel thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup cashews soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (sub for ¼ cup parmesan if on SCD)
- 1 cup vegetable/chicken stock
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- In a high speed blender add the drained cashews and almond milk and blend until completely smooth. Pour the mixture into a pot and add in the mustard, pepper, nutritional yeast (or parmesan) and stock. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes or so until the liquid begins to thicken. It should coat the back of a spoon. Stir in 1 tsp fresh thyme
- In a cast iron skillet heat the oil on medium heat and then add in the leeks, onion, fennel and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and leave to cook for 10 minutes, until they become soft, slightly caramelized and golden in colour.
- Pour the cashew cream into the skillet and stir through so that it coats all of the vegetables. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 20 minutes until bubbly and golden on top.
- Before serving sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley or thyme.
All rights and material belong to owners everylastbite.com