Corned Beef Brisket
It's not St. Paddy's Day without corned beef!
- 3 lb. corned beef brisket
- ½ tsp. whole allspice berries
- ½ tsp. coriander seeds
- ½ tsp. whole cloves
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Trim excess fat from beef and rinse under cold water. Pat dry and place fat side up in large roasting pan fitted with a roasting rack.
- In a medium bowl with the end of a wooden spoon, or in mortar and pestle, combine and crush allspice, coriander, and cloves into slightly smaller pieces. (Leaving some whole is OK.) In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, black pepper, and crushed spices. Spread spice mix evenly over top of brisket. Add 6 cups water to roasting pan and cover brisket tightly with aluminum foil. Roast for 2 hours, then remove foil and roast until tender, 1 hour more.
- Let brisket rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com