It's like a heavenly cross between a Greggs pasty and a slice of pizza.
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 balls fresh mozzarella, drained
- 200 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 slices pepperoni, chopped
- Egg wash
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C Fan). Line a baking tray with baking paper and preheat in the oven.
- Cut pastry sheet into quarters, rolling out slightly to make each piece roughly square.
- Cut each mozzarella ball in half and then squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible. Use kitchen towel to blot excess moisture if needed.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic powder and salt. Distribute half the pizza sauce between the centres of each of the pastry squares, reserving half.
- Sprinkle the centres of each pastry square with half the chopped pepperoni, reserving half. Top with half a ball of mozzarella per pastry square. Top with remaining pepperoni and pizza sauce.
- Focusing on one bundle, bring the corners of the pastry square up to meet at the top of the bundle, the pinch the seams to close the parcel. If needed, use a little water to make the pastry stick. Repeat with remaining pastry bundles. Brush bundles with egg wash and sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Transfer the bundles onto the hot baking tray to bake for 25-30 mins, until golden and cooked through. Serve immediately.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com