Ground Turkey Italian Sloppy Joes
With ground turkey swapped in for beef and an Italian flair, these sloppy joes are super addicting.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 c. marinara
- 4 hoagies or Italian rolls
- 4 slices provolone
- Freshly chopped Italian parsley
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, 5 minutes. Add ground turkey, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes and cook until golden and no longer pink, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add marinara and stir until coated, then let simmer until slightly thickened, 8 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Spoon ground turkey mixture onto hoagies and top with provolone, then broil until cheese is melty, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with Italian parsley and serve.