Cauliflower Baked Ziti
Cauliflower baked ziti will make you actually want to eat your vegetables.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into florets, roasted
- 1½ c. ricotta
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large, deep-sided skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Return skillet over medium heat and add tomato paste and oregano. Cook until paste slightly darkens, about 2 minutes more. Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook, stirring until slightly reduced and flavors have melded, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl and pour sauce on top. Stir until fully coated. Transfer half the cauliflower mixture to a large baking dish and spread into an even layer. Dollop all over with half the ricotta and sprinkle with half the mozzarella and Parmesan. Top with an even layer of the remaining cauliflower mixture and remaining cheeses.
- Bake until cheeses are melted and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with basil before serving.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com