Matzoh Icebox Cake
This Matzoh Cake is THE dessert for your Passover celebration.
- FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM
- 2 c. cold heavy cream
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 3 c. chocolate chips
- 1½ c. heavy cream
- FOR THE CAKE ASSEMBLY
- 8 large matzoh crackers
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Make whipped cream: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, combine heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Make ganache: Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to simmer, then immediately pour hot cream over the chocolate chips. Let sit for 10 minutes, then whisk until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate chips have melted.
- To assemble cake, place a cooling rack inside of a sheet pan and place one matzo cracker on the rack. Spread ganache on top of cracker, then spread whipped cream over the ganache. Top with another matzo cracker and repeat the process until you’ve used up all of your whipped cream.
- Pour extra ganache over the ice box cake, covering all the sides. Top with chocolate shavings. Transfer cake to a serving plate and refrigerate until the cracker layers have softened to become cake-like, about 4 hours.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com