Chicken Sausage and Mushroom Penne
Chicken sausage and mushroom penne is the easiest, most delicious one skillet dinner you'll ever make.
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. penne rigate
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 12-oz. package chicken sausage
- 12 oz. mushrooms, cut into ¼" slices
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. dry white wine
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- ¼ c. heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- ¼ c. chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- Bring an 8-quart stock pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Reserve ½ cup pasta water and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, drizzle oil and sear chicken sausage until golden brown on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool; cut into ¼" slices and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon oil and spread out mushrooms evenly in the pan; let brown on one side for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add onions and garlic and sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine, chicken stock, and heavy cream; simmer until slightly thickened and reduced, 5 to 7 minutes. Toss in sausage with any leftover juices, then add Parm, spinach, and parsley.
- Drain pasta and stir into sauce. (Add additional pasta water in small increments as needed if sauce is too thick.) Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com