Lemon and Blueberry Soufra
Woah! This Lemon and Blueberry Soufra is something we all should DEFINITELY try in this life.
- 375g Antoniou Fillo Pastry
- 600ml thickened cream
- 200g caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 250g unsalted butter, melted
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine thickened cream, sugar, eggs and lemon zest into a mixing jug and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Lay one sheet of Filo pastry onto your workspace, with the short side of the Filo Pastry facing you. Brush with butter and lay a second sheet of Filo Pastry on top. Using your fingers, fold the Pastry in a concertina design. Transfer the folded Fillo Pastry to the centre of a 30cm round baking tray and begin to coil it in the middle to resemble a rose. Repeat with the remaining Fillo Pastry, placing it around the centre rose until the tray is full.
- Brush the Fillo Pastry with the remaining melted butter and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Pour the custard over the baked Fillo Pastry evenly then scatter the blueberries all over, pushing some of them down into the Fillo Pastry.
- Transfer the tray back into the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes and golden. Remove the Soufra from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before sprinkling icing sugar over the top.
All rights and material belong to owners antonioufillo.com