Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits
Strawberry shortcake but with... Bisquick.
- 1 qt. strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced (about 3½ cups)
- ½ c. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract, divided
- Kosher salt
- 3 c. Bisquick baking mix
- ¾ c. whole milk
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- ¼ c. torn fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine strawberries with ¼ c. granulated sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk Bisquick and remaining ¼ c. granulated sugar. Add milk and butter and stir until a smooth dough forms. Using a cookie scoop (or 2 spoons), mound 8 heaping ¼ c. batter on prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly. Bake until golden, 13 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream, powdered sugar, and remaining 1 tsp. vanilla until medium peaks form. Split cooled shortcakes in half crosswise and spoon whipped cream over bottom halves. Top with strawberry mixture, mint leaves, and top halves of shortcakes.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com