Meatball Parm Skewers
All the flavor of meatball parm in one perfect bite.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ c. bread crumbs
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 c. marinara sauce
- 4 garlic cloves (divided)
- ½ c. finely grated Parmesan, divided
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 mozzarella slices, cut into small squares
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
- Mince two cloves of garlic and thinly slice the remaining to cloves.
- In a large bowl, ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, minced garlic and ¼ cup Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until just combined. Roll into golf-size balls.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook to brown on all sides. When the meatballs have developed a nice crust, remove them from the skillet and wipe the skillet clean. Return skillet to stovetop over medium heat. Pour marinara into the skillet. Stir in thinly sliced garlic and remaining Parmesan, bring sauce to simmer then add the meatballs back to the pan. Spoon sauce over the meatballs. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer meatballs for another 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Top each meatball with mozzarella. Cover pan with lid and cook until the cheese is melted. Turn off heat. Top each meatball with a whole basil leave, folded, and pierce with a toothpick to serve.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com