Vegetable Spaghetti is where leftover veggies go to find a new home.
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced basil, for garnish
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water then drain spaghetti.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add zucchini, carrot, and red onion and cook until soft, 7 minutes. Stir in tomato paste then add diced tomatoes and season with Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, simmer 10 minutes.
- Add spaghetti to skillet and ½ cup of reserved pasta water and toss to combine. Add more pasta water as necessary to bring sauce together.
- Garnish with basil and Parmesan to serve.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com