15-Minute Pepper Steak Stir-Fry
Melt-in-your-mouth steak meets with bell peppers in the most amazing savory-sweet sauce! You’ll love this pepper steak stir-fry recipe.
- 8 oz (225g) flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- To make the pepper steak stir-fry: In a small bowl, whisk the garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, Sriracha, and cornstarch.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the diced bell peppers and cook 1-2 minutes until tender. Remove the bell peppers and set them aside on a plate.
- Turn the heat to high and add the flank steak on one layer and cook on each side to sear the beef and reduce heat to medium-high and continue to cook until no longer pink and brown on each side.
- Add the peppers back to the skillet and add the sauce. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve the pepper steak stir-fry over rice, rice noodles, or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
All rights and material belong to owners eatwell101.com