Whipped Mozzarella Dip with Burst Cherry Tomatoes
Burst cherry tomatoes and creamy mozzarella, what's not to like?
- 1 pt. (2 c.) cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 large sprigs fresh basil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, roughly chopped
- 4 oz. ricotta (1/2 c.)
- 2 tbsp. (or more) heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. homemade or store-bought pesto
- Grilled bread, bread, crackers, or vegetable crudités, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425º. In an 8"-by-8" baking dish, combine tomatoes, oil, vinegar, basil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Bake, tossing halfway through, until tomatoes burst and are golden in spots, about 20 minutes. Immediately stir in garlic, then let cool slightly. Discard basil sprigs.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse mozzarella, ricotta, cream, and ¾ teaspoon salt, adding up to 2 tablespoons more cream a bit at a time if needed, until creamy and spreadable, about 1 minute. Season to taste with more salt, if desired.
- Spread mozzarella mixture onto a platter and dollop with pesto. Scrape burst tomatoes and any accumulated juices over; season with black pepper. Serve with grilled bread, bread, crackers, or crudités.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com