Hot Honey Chicken & Rice Bowls
Sweet and spicy.
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 20 oz. total), halved lengthwise, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 lb.)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ⅓ c. honey
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Place cucumbers in a heatproof jar. Add vinegar, soy sauce, granulated sugar, and enough hot water to cover cucumbers. Let sit until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place potatoes and broccoli on 2 separate baking sheets. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon oil and ½ teaspoon garlic powder; generously season with salt and black pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast broccoli and potatoes until broccoli is tender-crisp, about 25 minutes. Toss potatoes and continue to roast until crisp and browned in spots, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water, rice, and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil. Reduce heat to low, then cover and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 18 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Season chicken with chili powder, salt, and black pepper on both sides. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 165°, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Wipe skillet clean. Return to medium heat and cook honey, sriracha, and red pepper flakes, stirring constantly, until honey is warmed through and simmering, about 2 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and toss to coat.
- Divide rice among bowls. Top with chicken, roasted vegetables, and pickled cucumbers. Drizzle hot honey from skillet over bowls.
- Make Ahead: Cucumbers can be pickled 2 weeks ahead. Store in jar in refrigerator.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com