Jalapeño Popper Corn Fritters
Jalapeño Popper Corn Fritters really spice things up.
- 2 large eggs
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 c. fresh or frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed and drained if frozen
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed, finely chopped
- ⅓ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Sour cream, for serving
- In a large bowl, using a rubber spatula, combine eggs and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in corn, cheese, bacon, and jalapeño. Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and a few grinds of pepper and mix until combined.
- Into a large skillet, pour oil to a depth of about ¼"; heat over medium heat until shimmering. Working in batches, scoop about ¼ cup corn mixture. Add to skillet and gently pat down to a 3"-wide patty. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining corn mixture, adjusting heat between batches as needed.
- Arrange fritters on a platter. Dollop with sour cream.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com