A caramelized outer layer + a light and creamy center = Basque Cheesecake, our latest dessert obsession.
- Butter for the pan
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 lb. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1½ c. granulated sugar
- 1½ c. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 450°F. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and then line it with two pieces of parchment paper, crisscrossed. (The butter is there to make lining the pan easier.) Make sure you don’t have any bare spaces at the bottom with at least a 2-inch overhang on all sides. It’s ok for the paper to be wrinkled and imperfect.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg yolks.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt.
- Add eggs in two additions, beating to combine after each addition. Sift the flour over top of the bowl and beat on low speed to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and place pan on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until the top is dark brown and puffed and the cake is set about one inch from the edge, 50 to 60 minutes. (The center will be set on top but still quite jiggly underneath.) Transfer to a rack and let cool to room temperature.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com