Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
Start making Overnight Cinnamon Rolls today, and thank yourself tomorrow.
- FOR THE DOUGH
- Nonstick spray
- ¾ c. lukewarm whole milk
- 1 (0.25-oz.) packet active dry yeast
- 5 c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tbsp. butter, softened
- FOR THE FILLING
- 10 tbsp. butter, softened
- ¾ c. packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Coat a large bowl with cooking spray. Place lukewarm milk in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, and sprinkle yeast on top. Let sit until frothy, 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Add milk mixture and eggs and mix at medium speed. Add butter, one tablespoon at a time, until fully incorporated. Continue mixing at medium speed until dough is smooth, 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to prepared bowl and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let rise at room temperature until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours depending on how warm your kitchen is.
- Meanwhile make filling: In a medium bowl combine butter, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Coat a 9”-x-13” baking pan with cooking spray. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and dust top with more flour. Roll into a large square, about 18”-x-18”. Spread filling all the way to the edge and roll up into a tight log.
- Trim ends and cut into 12 evenly sized pieces, about 1 ½” thick. Place in prepared pan, cut sides down and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight and up to 12 hours.
- When ready to bake, remove plastic wrap and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let sit at room temperature until rolls have doubled and when poked gently with a finger, the ident slowly springs back, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake cinnamon rolls until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make frosting: In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Frost cinnamon rolls while still slightly warm.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com