Hong Kong French Toast
Stuffed with peanut butter, fried to golden crispy perfection, and drizzled with sweetened milk, Hong Kong Toast takes classic breakfast treat to a new level.
- 4 slices milk bread or brioche (preferably day-old)
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. whole milk
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. neutral oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. sweetened condensed milk
- Spread 1 side of 2 bread slices with peanut butter, leaving a ½" border. Top each peanut-buttered slice with a second bread slice. Using a sharp knife, cut crusts off bread.
- In a large shallow container, whisk eggs until smooth. Whisk in milk and salt until combined. Dip 1 sandwich into egg mixture until bread is coated but not completely saturated, 15 to 20 seconds per side.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil until shimmering. Add sandwich and cook until golden and crisp on both sides, about 45 seconds per side. Using tongs, hold up sandwich and sear edges until crisp, about 15 seconds per side. Transfer to a wire rack or paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with second sandwich and remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Divide sandwiches between plates. Top with butter and drizzle with milk.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com