Caprese Chicken Saltimbocca
Caprese Chicken Saltimbocca is the weeknight dinner you didn't know you needed.
- 4 (4-oz.) chicken cutlets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 thin slices prosciutto (about 6 oz. total)
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 c. grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (8-oz.) container ciliegine or bocconcini, halved or quartered if larger (about 1½ c.)
- ½ c. packed fresh basil leaves
- Season chicken all over with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Wrap 2 slices prosciutto around each piece of chicken, gently pressing prosciutto against chicken to adhere. Pour flour on a shallow plate. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a 12" skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook chicken, turning halfway through, until chicken and prosciutto are golden and prosciutto is crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Pour vinegar into skillet and cook, scraping up browned bits, until almost completely reduced, about 30 seconds. Add stock and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and cook, turning a few times, until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Transfer chicken to a platter. Scatter tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil over top; season with ¼ teaspoon salt. Drizzle sauce remaining in skillet over and serve.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com