Easy Spaghetti Carbonara
STOP SCROLLING: This 20-Minute Spaghetti Carbonara is the comfort food fix you need TONIGHT.
- Kosher salt
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil (optional), for serving
- Flaky sea salt (optional), for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and Parmesan until combined.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Reserve fat in skillet and transfer slices to a paper towel–lined plate to drain. Break into bite-size pieces.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cooked pasta and toss until fully coated in bacon fat. Remove from heat. Pour over egg-and-cheese mixture and stir vigorously until creamy (being careful not to scramble eggs). Add pasta water a few tablespoons at a time to loosen sauce.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and stir in cooked bacon.
- Drizzle with oil and garnish with flaky sea salt (if using), Parmesan, and parsley before serving.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com