This homemade Cashew Chicken is way better than takeout! Tender chicken is stir-fried and tossed with a luscious garlic sauce and cashews.
- 1½ pounds chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce low sodium if preferred
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Hoisen Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 cup whole unsalted cashews
- Cut your chicken breast into one inch pieces. Salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken with the cornstarch mixture in a ziplock bag.
- Add olive oil to a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil gets to the smoking point then add the chicken in a single layer in batches. Cook each side until golden brown.
- In a small bowl whisk the soy sauce, chicken broth, garlic, brown sugar, hoisin and sesame oil. Add to the pan with the cashews. Toss until the sauce has thickened. Serve over rice and with veggies if desired.
All rights and material belong to owners therecipecritic.com