Honey Toasted Halloumi & Bacon Sandwiches with Marinated Veggies
Max-flavor/heavy-hitting ingredients do strong work on your taste buds in this symphonic marriage that is MY PERFECT SANDWICH. Is that too much melodrama? Maybe.
- 8 to 9- ounce block of Halloumi cheese sliced into ¼”-thick slices
- Honey for drizzling
- 4 ciabatta rolls split in half and lightly toasted
- Mayo for spreading
- 8 to 10 slices of bacon cooked
- 1 cup of store-bought roasted tomatoes from the olive/salad bar
- 1 cup grilled artichokes from the olive/salad bar
- 1 cup arugula (give or take)
- To toast/grill the halloumi, place a medium nonstick skillet over med-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil (a couple of teaspoons should do it). Cook the slices of Halloumi until golden brown, a minute or two per side, and drizzle a little honey over the slices during the last minute of cooking. The honey will warm up and sort of caramelize into the cheese. Sweet/salty heaven.
- Spread the toasted ciabatta rolls with some mayo, both the tops and bottoms. Top with some bacon, tomatoes, artichokes, and some of the fried Halloumi. Sprinkle a about ¼ cup of arugula on each sandwich and drizzle each sandwich with a couple teaspoons of honey. Top and enjoy right away.
- NOTE: sometimes I like to place the finished sandwiches on a baking sheet and toast/bake in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes, just to get them nice and warm, but that’s optional.
All rights and material belong to owners mykitchenlittle.com