Crispy Fish in Chilli Garlic Sauce
It’s a great night to try something new, from the world of Hakka Cuisine try this delicious, spicy & crispy fish recipe! An easy recipe cooked in under 20 minutes.
- Cod fish fillet 2 pcs
- White plain flour ¼ cup
- Corn starch 2 tbsp
- White pepper ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Baking soda A pinch
- Water ½ cup
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Ginger mince ½ tsp
- Garlic chopped 1 tsp
- Red chilli paste 2 tbsp
- Soy Sauce 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup 1 tbsp
- Water to saute
- Cut the fish fillet into smaller pieces.
- Marinade fish with 1 tsp red chilli pepper, salt and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Let it marinate for 5-10 mins.
- In a mixing bowl, add white plain flour, corn starch, white pepper powder, salt and a pinch of baking soda.
- Stir and mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add water in small quantities (in total approx ½ cup). The batter should be of a thick consistency with no lumps.
- You can try a dipping test, where you dip a finger in batter, remove and check if your finger is coated on all sides and the batter isn't too runny or watery.
- Deep fry the fish pieces
- Heat oil in a pre heated pan, enough to deep fry the fish pieces.
- Dip the marinated fish pieces in the batter and deep fry them for 2-3 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel and drain excess oil.
- Prepare sauce in a separate pan
- Add oil to a pre-heated pan over medium-high heat. Add finely chopped garlic and minced ginger. Saute for couple minutes to remove the raw smell.
- Add red chilli paste, soy sauce and tomato ketchup. Stir and saute.
- Add little water to form the chilli sauce. Check if salt is needed and season as per taste. Simmer for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce over deep fried fish pieces and serve hot alongside rice.
All rights and material belong to owners banglarrannaghor.com