Cheesy Green Bean & Mushroom Tart
Get excited to eat your veggies
- Kosher salt
- 10 oz. thin green beans, trimmed, cut in half
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 6 oz. mixed mushrooms (such shiitake, cremini, and/or white button)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ½ c. ricotta
- 2 oz. herbed goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 (10½" x 9½") sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1½ c. shredded mild white cheddar
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a work surface with a large piece of parchment.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook green beans 2 minutes. Using a spider or slotted spoon, transfer beans to a bowl of ice water to shock and stop cooking. Drain green beans on paper towels.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter until foam subsides. Cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until starting to lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute more; season with ½ teaspoon salt. Transfer mushroom mixture to a plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, goat cheese, and ¼ teaspoon salt until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk egg and 1 tablespoon water.
- Arrange puff pastry on prepared parchment. Using a rolling pin, roll to a 12"-by-10" rectangle. Cut rectangle in half to make 2 (10"-by-6") rectangles. Brush both sheets with egg wash. Transfer pastry to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread ricotta mixture onto puff pastry, leaving a ½" border. Top with a single layer of green beans, mushroom mixture, and cheddar.
- Bake tarts until edges are golden brown and cheese is browning in some spots, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle tarts with a pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, cook shallots and oil, stirring occasionally, until oil begins to bubble around shallots, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are golden brown and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes more. Using slotted spoon, transfer shallots to a paper towel-lined plate; season with a pinch of salt. Let cool slightly.
- Top tarts with crispy shallots, slice, and serve.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com