Garlic Bread Stuffing With Sausage & Broccoli
The classic side gets a garlicky makeover.
- 1 (1 lb.) loaf Specially Selected French Bread, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus more for baking dish
- 4 tbsp. Simply Nature Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. parsley, freshly chopped or dried
- 1 (16-oz.) package Mild Italian Sausage from ALDI
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced into ¾" wedges
- 2 ribs celery, chopped crosswise into ½" pieces
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into florets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1¼ c. Simple Nature Chicken Stock
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss bread cubes with melted butter, 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, and parsley. Bake, tossing halfway through, until bread is lightly golden and crisp and garlic is fragrant, about 15 minutes. Transfer toasted bread into a large bowl to cool.
- On the same baking sheet, crumble Mild Italian Sausage into bite-sized pieces and toss with onion and celery. On another rimmed baking sheet, toss broccoli with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bake, tossing and rotating trays halfway through, until sausage is cooked and vegetables are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes, removing baking sheets from the oven as the ingredients are cooked.
- Brush a 9"-x-13" baking dish with melted butter. In a large bowl, whisk the stock, eggs, and Italian seasoning until well combined. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Fold in the bread, sausage mixture, and broccoli. Scrape into prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Bake until stuffing is warmed through, about 30 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake until golden, about 30 minutes more. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com