Green Chili Whiskey Onion Burger
Green chili whiskey onion burgers are rich, smoky, sweet, and a little spicy – with no grill needed! Tons of southwestern flavor in every bite.
- 1 batch whiskey honey onions
- 1 lb beef, shaped into 4 patties
- 1 tbsp ghee
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sharp cheddar cheese, optional
- 4 brioche hamburger buns
- For the green chili:
- 1 cup diced green chilis
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp butter
- OR ½ cup green chili sauce per burger
- In pan you used to make whiskey honey onions (DONT CLEAN PAN AFTER MAKING, it will give more flavor to the burgers), melt ghee over medium high heat.
- Shape burgers into patties (I like to use a burger press).
- Generously season burgers with salt and pepper.
- Add burgers to pan when ghee is melted, and cook 5 minutes on each side.
- When burgers are done to your liking, add a slice of cheese (if desired), and add lid to pan to melt cheese.
- When cheese is melted, remove from pan.
- Add green chilis to burger bun and place burger on top.
- Garnish with onions, place bun on top, and serve immediately!
- For the green chilis: sauté in pan with butter, garlic powder, and cumin until hot. Use as burger garnish; OR add sauce to burger bun.
All rights and material belong to owners sweetcsdesigns.com