If you're ready to take a break from the classic breakfast taco or breakfast burrito, let us introduce a new way to start your morning: our Breakfast Quesadillas.
- 4 slices bacon
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. sour cream (plus more for serving)
- 2 tbsp. Chopped chives
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- ⅓ c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Cook bacon in a medium nonstick pan over medium heat until crispy. Drain bacon on a paper towel-lined plate, reserving about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan.
- Add onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Whisk together eggs and sour cream in a medium bowl. Pour egg mixture into the pan. Let set slightly then reduce heat to low. Drag the eggs with a spatula or wooden spoon to create curds. When the eggs are almost cooked to your liking, season with salt and pepper. Fold in chives and remove from heat.
- Assemble quesadillas. Divide scrambled eggs and bacon between two tortillas. Top each with cheese and avocado slides. Place remaining tortillas on top.
- One at a time, cook quesadillas in a clean nonstick skillet over medium heat until the bottom tortillas is golden, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until golden. Repeat with other quesadilla. Serve warm with more sour cream and hot sauce, if desired.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com