Slow-Cooker Beef Chili
It's perfect—especially when topped with cheese and FRITOS.
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 (15-oz.) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 c. beer (or water)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Shredded cheddar, for serving (optional)
- Fritos, for serving (optional)
- Thinly sliced green onions, for serving (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion and cook until meat is browned (not too brown) all over, about 3 minutes. (It doesn’t need to cook all the way through!) Drain fat, then stir in tomato paste.
- In a large slow cooker, combine beef mixture, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, beer, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 6 and up to 8 hours. (The longer it's in the slow-cooker, the more flavor it gets.)
- Taste for seasonings. Serve warm with cheese, Fritos, and green onions, if desired.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com