Turkey Noodle Soup
Still just as good for the soul.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped, whites and light green parts only
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 c. turkey stock (or low-sodium chicken broth)
- 3 c. water
- Small bunch thyme
- Small bunch rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (12-oz.) package egg noodles
- 3 c. cooked shredded turkey
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add carrots, celery, onion, and leek and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add broth, water, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, oregano, and pinch red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then add egg noodles. Cover and cook until pasta is cooked through, 7 minutes. Discard thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf.
- Add turkey and simmer until warmed through, 5 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com