Serve these homemade latkes with sour cream and homemade applesauce for the PRIME latke experience.
- 1 lb. Russet potatoes, peeled (about 2 medium)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- Canola oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
- Applesauce, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Using the medium holes on box grater, grate potatoes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water until ready to use. Using a clean dish towel, squeeze out as much liquid as possible, or let drain in fridge overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with eggs, flour, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat about ⅛” oil until shimmering. To test if oil is hot enough, sprinkle with some flour. If flour bubbles and dissolves immediately, oil is ready.
- Add a few spoonfuls of potato mixture to the oil and pat down to flatten. Fry until crispy and golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain, then sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Serve with chives, applesauce, and sour cream.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com