Steak Frites Salad
If putting fries on our salad is wrong, we don't wanna be right Make this Steak Frites Salad for lunch, dinner or whenever you'd like.
- 1 (15-oz.) bag frozen French fries (about 4 c.)
- ½ tsp. sweet paprika
- Kosher salt
- 1 (1½-lb.) flank steak, cut into 2 pieces against the grain
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 8 oz. English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 oz. baby arugula (about 8 packed c.)
- 1½ c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz. crumbled blue cheese (about ½ c.)
- Preheat oven to 425º. On a baking sheet, arrange fries in a single layer.
- Bake fries until golden and crisp, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika; season with salt and carefully toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, season steak with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. In a large cast-iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Cook steak, flipping halfway through, until browned on both sides and medium-rare, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board; tent with foil. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wipe excess oil from skillet, leaving browned bits in bottom of skillet. Add shallot and 1 tablespoon oil and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until shallot softens and is translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan, until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and pour vinegar mixture into a medium heatproof bowl. Whisk in lemon juice, mustard, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Whisking constantly, slowly pour in remaining 4 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain. Divide cucumber, arugula, tomato, steak, and fries among plates. Sprinkle with blue cheese and drizzle dressing over.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com