Orange Chocolate Chip Ricotta Cookies
Perfectly soft and full of that irresistable fresh orange and dark chocolate flavor. Everyone loves these!
- 2 cups (284g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp orange zest (from 2 large navel oranges)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (241g) whole milk ricotta cheese (I recommend Galbani)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (165g) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1¼ cups (154g) powdered sugar
- 2½ Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest (about ½ navel orange)
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together sugar, butter and 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp orange zest until combined (scrape bowl as needed throughout mixing process).
- Mix in egg then blend in ricotta and vanilla extract. Add in flour mixture and mix until nearly combined then mix in chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl and chill 1 - 2 hours until it's not quite so sticky and a little easier to work with (if needed you can freeze it for a bit).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees during last 20 minutes of dough chilling. (Note, don't use dark cookie sheets for this recipe or bottoms will burn).
- Scoop dough out using a medium cookie scoop or two spoons (so you have just a heaping 1 Tbsp) and drop onto parchment paper or silicone liner lined baking sheet spacing cookies 2-inches apart.
- Leave remaining dough chilled. Bake cookies in preheated oven 13 - 14 minutes until almost set.
- Let cool on pan several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough (placing dough on a cool baking sheet).
- For the glaze, in a small mixing bowl whisk together powdered sugar, orange juice and orange zest. Spoon over cooled cookies.
- Let glaze set at room temperature. Store cookies in an airtight container.
All rights and material belong to owners cookingclassy.com