Spicy Szechuan Noodles with Garlic Chili Oil
These spicy Szechuan noodles with garlic chili oil are ready in only 10 minutes!
- 7 oz Flat or Wide Chinese wheat noodles - 100g or 2 servings; substitutions see Note 1
- 1 stalk scallion - chopped
- handful cilantro - chopped
- sesame seeds - for garnish
- Szechuan Garlic Chili Oil Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Szechuan chili flakes - or to taste
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce - substitute with regular soy sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Chinese black vinegar - substitute with balsamic or rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ginger - grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt - or to taste
- ¾ teaspoon sugar - (optional)
- Optional for more spice
- 1 teaspoon Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
- finely chopped Thai chilis
- Garlic Chili Oil: Saute garlic with vegetable oil in a small pot until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and add the rest of the sauce ingredients into the pot.
- Boil noodles: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook your noodles according to the directions. Rinse under cold water and drain very well.
- Add sauce: Add as much of the Szechuan chili oil sauce according to your liking and spice level.
- Serve: Top with fresh cilantro, scallions, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com