Avocado Egg Boats
Avocado Egg Boats—for the days you're out (or just not feeling) your usual avocado toast.
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scoop about 1 tablespoon worth of avocado out of each half; discard or reserve for another use.
- Place hollowed avocados in a baking dish, then crack eggs into a bowl, one at a time. Using a spoon, transfer one yolk to each avocado half, then spoon in as much egg white as you can fit without spilling over.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake until whites are set and yolks are no longer runny, 20 to 25 minutes. (Cover with foil if avocados are beginning to brown.)
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, 8 minutes, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and chop.
- Top avocados with bacon and chives before serving.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com