Asparagus Tart with Whipped Feta and Poached Eggs
This easy asparagus tart uses shaved asparagus and topped with prosciutto and homemade pesto. Finally, this asparagus tart is divided into individual servings for a simple brunch idea.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 8 large stalks of asparagus, shaved
- 8 oz feta
- ¼ c whipped cream cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- poached eggs
- pesto , see notes
- a pinch salt, pepper and chili flakes
- 1 small drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, or according to package instructions.
- Shave asparagus into long "noodles" using a vegetable peeler
- In a food processor, whip together feta and cream cheese until smooth.
- Next, cut the sheet of puff pastry into 4 squares.
- Spread whipped feta onto the middle of each puff pastry piece; then, top with shaved asparagus making sure to leave about an inch around the edges.
- Fold the edges over, pressing down to adhere. Brush puff pastry with egg wash and bake for about 25 minutes (or until golden brown and puffy).
- Once the asparagus has finished top with a spoonful of pesto, prosciutto and a pinch of salt, pepper and chili flakes. Finish with a light drizzle of olive oil.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com