Crispy Cheddar Pork Chops With Brussels Sprouts & Apples
It’s time for some next-level shake and bake with these crispy, cheddary pork chops served with an easy Brussels sprouts and apple side—*chef's kiss*.
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered if large
- 2 small Gala apples, stemmed, cored and cut into ½" wedges
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1¼ c. shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 4 (3/4"-thick) bone-in pork chops
- Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 425º. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss Brussels sprouts, apple, and onion with oil, syrup, mustard, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast on top rack, tossing once, until vegetables are golden brown and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease another large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a shallow medium bowl, combine cheddar, panko, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Beat eggs in another shallow bowl. Place flour in a third shallow bowl.
- Season pork chops all over with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Working one at a time, coat pork in flour on both sides, shaking off excess. Dip into eggs, then into cheddar mixture; repeat with remaining chops. Arrange on prepared sheet.
- Bake pork chops on bottom rack, rotating sheet halfway through, until just cooked through (an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part away from bone should register 140º to 145º), 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve pork with vegetables alongside.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com