5 Ingredient Italian Sausage and Zucchini Orzo
This 5 Ingredient Italian Sausage and Zucchini Orzo is a one skillet 30 minute meal that is perfect for the whole family!
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage (you can sub mild or sweet if you don’t like spicy)
- 2 small zucchini squash, chopped in 1-2 inch pieces
- 1½ cups dried orzo
- 3 cups broth (chicken or vegetable both work!), more as needed
- Grated Parmesan (about ¾ cup)
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 2–3 T olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic, optional
- Spinach or arugula, optional
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add oil. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon until cooked through and crumbly.
- Add in zucchini and sauté 2-3 minutes. Then add in orzo (option to add 2 cloves fresh minced garlic at this time too) and toast for 60 seconds. Pour in broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring every few minutes until orzo is cooked. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in parmesan until creamy. If you want to add spinach or arugula, toss in now.
- Serve in bowls with more parmesan and enjoy!!
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com