Hearty Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Loaded with sautéed chicken breasts and crispy bacon, this hearty spaghetti recipe will please even the pickiest eaters.
- 12 oz. spaghetti or angel hair
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1¼ pounds)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 c. diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 3 c. baby spinach
- ½ c. heavy cream
- ⅓ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly torn basil, for garnish
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden and no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, in same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy, 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel–lined plate, then chop. Pour off half of fat from skillet.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, and spinach to skillet and cook over medium heat until fragrant and slightly wilted, 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add heavy cream, Parmesan, and ½ cup of reserved pasta water. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and toss until fully coated, then add chicken and bacon and toss until combined. (For a looser sauce, stir in more reserved pasta water.)
- Garnish with basil before serving.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com