Copycat California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza
Skillet = extra-crispy crust.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dough
- 1 lb. pizza dough, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. barbecue sauce, plus more for drizzling
- ½ c. shredded cheddar
- ½ c. shredded fontina
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- Ranch dressing, for drizzling
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500°. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook until golden and no longer pink, 6 minutes per side. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, brush an ovenproof skillet with oil.
- On a floured work surface, roll out dough until circumference matches your skillet. Transfer to skillet.
- Leaving a 1⁄2" border for crust, spread barbecue sauce onto dough. Top with cheddar, fontina, chicken, and red onion.
- Brush crust with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until crust is crispy and cheese is melty, 23 to 25 minutes.
- Drizzle with barbecue sauce and ranch and garnish with chives.