Romesco Sauce Rigatoni with Buttered Parmesan-Herb Breadcrumbs
A delicious weeknight dinner pasta recipe!
- ½ pound rigatoni
- buttered parmesan-herb breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (½ stick) salted butter
- ⅔ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced oregano
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- romesco sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- 1 ½ tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a pot with water, place over high heat and bring to a boil. Add a small handful of salt and rigatoni and boil, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Drain pasta into a colander, reserving ⅔ cup pasta water. Set aside.
- Breadcrumbs: Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and add breadcrumbs. Stir and toast breadcrumbs for 3 to 4 minute, and remove from heat. Stir in herbs and transfer into a small mixing bowl. Once mixture has cooled, stir in Parmesan. Set aside.
- Romesco Sauce: Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour mixture into skillet and place over medium-low heat. Stir in reserved pasta water and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pasta into sauce and toss together until pasta is fully coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour coated pasta onto a serving platter, top with buttered, Parmesan-herb breadcrumbs and serve.
All rights and material belong to owners spoonforkbacon.com