Instant Pot Pork Puttanesca
Today in super easy meals: Instant Pot Pork Puttanesca goes perfectly over creamy polenta, pasta or rice.
- 3½ lb. skinless, boneless pork shoulder, excess fat trimmed and discarded, pork cut into 2" pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets
- ¼ c. tomato paste
- 1 (28-oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes
- ⅓ c. pitted Castelvetrano and/or kalamata olives, halved
- ¼ c. packed fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. capers, drained
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. granulated sugar
- Cooked polenta and shaved Parmesan, for serving
- Season pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- In an Instant Pot, heat oil on Sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until light golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in anchovies and tomato paste and cook, stirring, until tomato paste slightly darkens and anchovies are broken up into small bits, about 2 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and any juices, breaking up tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Add olives, basil, vinegar, capers, red pepper flakes, and sugar.
- Close and lock lid. Cook on high pressure 30 minutes, or until pork is very tender.
- Manually release pressure. Using tongs, transfer pork to a large bowl. Using 2 forks, shred pork. Return pork to pot with sauce and set to Sauté. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Serve pork over polenta. Top with Parmesan and basil.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com